Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Italy Postmortem

Well, I'm back from my vist to Italy, the country which gave us the Roman Empire, the Renaissance, and, more recently, Benito Mussolini.
I love to travel, it's fascinating to see how other people live, and also to see the History that I read come alive.
The trip was fantastic and I now possess my very own Mussolini flag! Climbing Vesuvius (the volcano which destroyed Pompei) and seeing Pompei itself were also highlights. Venice was also noteworthy, and it is like no other place.
If there's one thing which impressed itself upon me most from the trip though, it's that motorcycles passing you on a mountain road with a cliff on one side and a rock wall on the other is not a good thing!
 
Some day I have to do a backpacking tour of Europe, or alternately live there for a year or so. I'm not so sure about school in England anymore, though. Apparently tuition for foriegn students -even for undergraduates- is 15,000.00 pounds!!!!!
For citizens it's 1500.00. (maybe I can get citizenship... hmm).
 
Thought For The Day:
"In a world without meaning, experience is the only purpose to existance. Experience the world!"
-The Doom of Fools
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home