Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Soy woes

Well, it appears that soy is now off the menu! Apparently non-fermented soy products (and even to a lesser extent fermented ones) are not so healthy after all, at least according to my mom's magazine. I suppose this means I'll have to become more serious about my vegetarianism -and eat vegetables! Or else go back to eating organic meat, that is. naw, I don't even like meat anymore. I'll just have to learn to cook, I guess, since all the convinient soy foods are out now.

*sigh* being informed sucks.


Thought for the Day:
“Beware of those who believe, for they have the power to do great things for good or evil, but lack the wisdom to distinguish between the two”

-The Doom of Fools

4 Comments:

Blogger the zero god said...

TDOF:

Whether food is healthy for you or not, it must be consumed. The sad and disturbing truth of all existence is that it ends (in death, fr those who aren't clueing in). Pretty much all the habits humankind has enjoyed over the years have been shown to cause cancer or transmit disease; the conclusion to be drawn is that life is and is meant to be a temporary affliction.

What I'm trying to say is: live life in a way that maes you happy and proud for as long as you can. As far as I can tell, it's all we get.

-tzg

June 16, 2004 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Doom Of Fools said...

Perhaps there is some wisdom in that. I prefer not to live life by the saying "what doesn't give you cancer these days" though. I'll probably still eat some soy, it's just that It seems reasonable to cut back. Just as I would avoid drinking motor oil even if it tasted good. It's just not good for you!

June 16, 2004 at 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Melanie said...

I say everything in moderation!! You'd have to consume huge concentrations of soy in order to start really worrying! Just think about the air we breathe in lately. It's filled with so many different bad chemicals now because of pollution. Will anyone test this for possible cancerous effects or would it cause mass hysteria??? Ha ha ha. Imagine that.

February 12, 2005 at 8:14 PM  
Blogger Doom Of Fools said...

Melanie, there is some merit in that idea. After all, I still eat chocolate because it tastes good! I am not quite sure how harmful soy is, and so I do intend to keep eating it to an extent. The fact that I have to cut out a staple of my diet is annoying though

As for the air... perhaps there is something that could be done about that particular problem. If people were to put their minds to it, I maybe we could figure it out. After all, we caused the problem.

Of course, I have scant faith in humans ever putting our minds together on anything. typically we much prefer to battle instead.

February 16, 2005 at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home